As a Hanover Community Gardener I agree to:
- PLANT my garden by JUNE 15th or risk having my plot re-assigned to someone on the waiting list.
- BE responsible for keeping my plot, paths and walkways relatively free of weeds and grass.
- USE only organic fertilizers and pesticides. A list of organic products can be found on hanovergardens.org as well as a list of invasive plants.
- PLACE garden waste in the compost area outside of the garden fence.
- KEEP TRASH and litter out of my plot and pathways.
- MULCH with natural materials to suppress weeds and reduce water loss.
- CONSERVE water loss by watering in the morning or evening while being mindful of other gardens when moving a hose around corners of neighboring plots.
- WILL not have my plants shade my neighbor’s garden.
- BE prepared for a midsummer inspection of my plot which will determine my eligibility for returning next season.
- TURN off water and close the fence door when I leave the garden.
- PARTICIPATE in workdays as they occur.
- GROW or buy plants from local sources to avoid blight and diseases.
- CLEAN my plot at the end of the gardening season.
These guidelines are intended to make gardening a pleasant and relaxing experience for all of us. Suggestions are welcome!
These are the rules for the DHMC Community Garden.